Monday, March 1, 2010

OJT Journal - Day 40 (February 26, 2010)

Grabe! Absent ako from March 24-25 phew.. Dapat this March aayusin na namin para makahabol na kami talaga sa hours namin.)

The night before, Jessica texted me: "Guys, bukas dapat before 8am nandito na kayo at magdala kayo resume". I was skeptical at first because I'm not sure what she really meant.

The next morning, I woke up so early that I was able to spot my sister eating her breakfast (lagi kasi siya umaalis ng maaga, kaya parang himala daw naabutan ko siya xD).

After that, I tried texting Jessica to confirm some things that she was not able to comprehend the night before. She replied that we need to go to this specific hotel and bring our resume. Still, she was not able to explain why should we go there?!

Still puzzled with these turn of event, I hasten up my act in order to arrive at the hotel before 8am.

When I finally arrived at the hotel, I noticed Mirriam, our co-OJT. She spotted me first and called me with her gesticulate hand. I came to her immediately despite the fact that I'm a little shy.

Then, I ask her everything that I was asking myself earlier like "what is the purpose of coming here in the first place?"

"Hindi ba nasabi sa iyo ni Jessica? opportunity ito para makawork tayo sa smartmatic para sa upcoming election," she said.

I gave my resume to her for she will pass it to the higher ups. But before that, she skimmed my resume and she spotted that I was not able to include a photo with it. (Well, you can't blame me because I wasn't well-informed with these turn of event -_-) It was that time Jessica was texting me. All I thought, Jessica arrived earlier, but I was so wrong. Given that I was inside the hotel with Mirriam, I cannot go outside for Jessica's arrival. (So, sorry nalang Jes, late ka eh xD)

It was until the time that I felt my dismay. I was not chosen or should I say "Hindi ako nakapasa kasi daw I live in Iloilo City at puno na daw ang slots para doon, tsaka ang tinatanggap nalang nila is those students na nasa province state kumbaga outside sa city."

It was until the time that I felt my dismay. I was not chosen or should I say "Hindi ako nakapasa kasi daw I live in Iloilo City at puno na daw ang slots para doon, tsaka ang tinatanggap nalang nila is those students na nasa province state kumbaga outside sa city."

Mirriam felt it also, but she was able to enter the white door. For me, I exited the opposite door leading to the outside. It was fun while it lasted. I texted Jessica that I will re-route to callbox (kasi sayang hours namin for OJT).

I arrived at callbox around 8:20am feeling tired and sweaty. Jessica arrived around 8:30am. I told her everything about how I was disappointed beforehand. So, instead of weeping we continued our daily task.

212 hours accomplished, 188 hours remaining. -_-

No comments: