Sunday, December 6, 2009

My OJT Journal - Day 1 (December 1, 2009)

 As life goes on, our experience grow so as ourselves. Back then, I can vividly remember when I was a little boy who had so much freedom with life. I can do things without so much provision because they know how a good boy I can be.

Given that today, I am currently at the stage of graduating. Meaning after my school days are over, work will take over. So as of now, let's just talk about my first day in my OJT.

It was December 1, 2009 that my journey started with the first company I had in mind during our fill-up form--update resume contest along with my classmates a weeks ago. December 1 is Tuesday so we have a class. Tuesday-Thursday is our class in Entrepreneur, 10:30-12:00 AM and Saturday 8:30-10:30AM English Training, the rest is our Free Time = OJT Work. We must accomplished 400 hours this time -_- (Whatta pain). Friday, a week before the company contacted my classmates that they need us to be interviewed and to be oriented by next week Tuesday @ exactly 8:00AM.

Tuesday, 8:00AM is the exact time that we must meet, so I woke up early and proceeded to the lobby of the company named "Callbox". It is an Australian Call Center Company located near our school that's why we took our chance to throw ourselves there.

So after our class @ 12:00AM, I forced my classmate to go back to Callbox for our Free Lunch xD. At first, they were so shy that even myself was kinda affected. Mixed comments and reactions began to fill the lobby of our school as we went outside and walked to Callbox. As we reached our destination, they forced me this time to lead: "pwede po kami dito maglunch". Grinning all over the place, even to the Security Guard who familiarized our face earlier XD. As I sighted Ms. Robicar I approached her, she said that it is lunch time so let's eat! After such desperation, we were in the dining table and starting to chew. The food is great as well the surroundings. Around 1pm, we went to the office place to start our work.

As soon as the clock tick, Ms. Robicar taught us things that we must do for the day. As usual, all of us were familiar with Microsoft Excel. All we have to do is input all the details of a Retailer Company including its website, address, telephone numbers, email address etc. Also, teaching us some shortcuts for finding some hard-to-find-terms using Google. We also enjoyed our time because of our comfortable spinning chair and a radiationless lcd monitor XD. Around 4pm, she noted that our OJT will always end at 5pm. At 5pm, we barely finish our work because it's too much for us to handle in one day, so Ms. Robicar said:"There's always tomorrow".

We smiled, thanking her for the support as we approach the Security Guard for our I.D. We printed our name on the LogBook and we called it a day.

The very next day is the Day of being alone >.>. (to be continued)

No comments: