Sunday, December 13, 2009

OJT Journal - Day 4 (December 4, 2009)

Charaan!

The fourth day of our OJT starts and the last day of our work for that week.

It was Friday, and every morning of M-W-F, I'm always alone T.T.

Same tactics since day 1 I guess, but what I noticed after I opened my work through Rowena's folder is that, most of the companies that I had encoded were in a "yellow highlight!" Yeap, that's right! I brainstormed it a little because I can't still figured it out who touched my work! Any minute, I noticed Rowena was by my side saying "Ay alam mo, dami mali-mali niyo! Ako ang naglagay ng yellow highlight dyan ksi mali ang mga infos nilagay mo, dapat USA lang ilagay mo hindi pwede mga Canada, Germany at ibang countries sa Zip Code". At first, I was puzzled, because I thought, US Zip Codes consist of 5 numerical characters while Canada and the other countries consist of 5 or more characters and letters.

(Just to be clear, we were encoding a Retailer Company's Info including its website, telephone number, zip code, address etc. using MS Excel)

So if a company is not located or it does not have any branch in USA, we will put a yellow highlight on it's row.

After 1 hour, my head started to heat up! I did some "highlighting" to some companies that has no location in US States as Rowena stated but... she really think that all my research was not accurate! What a nerve! insulting my skills huh!
So what I did was, I made her research some of the companies that was "highlighted" as yellow.. and alas! she could not even find it either.

So just to evade my negative look, she said that I should continue my work and highlight all the companies that has no location in USA. With no other choice, I simply followed.

Around 10am while I was still working, Ma'am Emmy, one of the employee, told me that I should help some of my fellow OJT. She pointed that I should go beyond the door near the canteen. What we did was to twist some white-thin paper to make a long rope-like thread. (That time din kasi, gumagawa yung mga employee ng decors for Christmas Contest nila). And since I was there, I overheard a little conversation saying that "maybe" some of the OJT will be terminated because of such wrong doings. That rumor marked my mind.

Soon as we finished, we went back to our working place until it was lunch time. Jeniel and Jessica arrived at the right time while I was walking to the canteen. I told them everything that happened this morning. Jessica also told me that they met Rowena earlier and she said that both mine and Jeniel's work were full of errors. Both of us responded eagerly that it was just part of Ms. Robicar's instruction! We just followed what she did as an example >.>
Our steamy conversation still continues as well as our soup. It was nearing 1pm, so we hurriedly went back to the office place.

As I suspected!
Jeniels' work was also full of "yellow highlighted" rows.
I think he can handle it as Rowena was moving towards him. I can see his long face as Rowena talks but I just continued my work as soon as its getting darker.

We still ended up our day with a little smile on our face.
Being sad of what just suddenly happened...

Anyway, we spent our weekends with a little rest from our home and to start our OJT by Monday, the next week.

No comments: